Community Group Questions
- What feelings/emotions come to mind when you think about prayer?
- Read Luke 11:5-13 — What is one thing that stands out to you from the passage or from the sermon this past Sunday?
- Why do you think we often feel guilty when it comes to prayer?
- Reread v. 8 — the word impudence is often translated as persistent. Why might that lead to more guilt? How it freeing to know that impudence should be understood as gall, shameless, breaking protocol, audacity?
- John Owen once said, The greatest sorrow and burden you can lay on the Father, the greatest unkindness you can do to him is not to believe that he loves you. What do you make of that quote? How does this passage invite us to know the love of our Heavenly Father?
- Does God ever give us unloving answers to our requests? How does the Father saying no to Jesus’ request that “this cup may pass from me” give perspective on prayer?