Click here to watch the sermon on YouTube
- Read Luke 13:18-21 – What is one thing that stand out to you from the passage or from the sermon this past Sunday?
- Where in our culture do you see the draw/appeal of the big, the grandiose, the spectacle?
- How do these parables push against some cultural norms and values?
- The sermon spoke of 4 patterns (see below) revealed in these parables. Share one pattern that particularly challenges or encourages you in your current season of life.
- Expansion pattern — from small to great
- Inclusion pattern — from the few to the many
- Transformation pattern — from the unseen to the seen
- Gratification pattern — from instant to delayed
- Read 1 Corinthians 1:22-25. How is the cross the ultimate manifestation of the mustard seed and leaven?